It’s been awhile since I posted last, but I’m back again with a guest post by Farah Oomerbhoy, the author of The Last of the Firedrakes. I’ve got a couple reviews on the back burner, so those should turn up sometime in the next week or so. Happy reading!
● Favorite Authors – J. R. R. Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, J. K. Rowling, Enid Blyton, Jane Austen, Diana Gabaldon, Ursula K. Le Guin, Tamora Pierce, David Eddings, Louisa May Alcott, Sarah J. Maas, John Green, Kathleen Woodiwiss, and Marion Zimmer Bradley.
● Favorite Books – The Lord of the Rings, Gone with the Wind, The Hobbit, Harry Potter series, The Chronicles of Narnia series, Outlander, The Earthsea Quartet, The Song of the Lioness, The Belgariad, The Ruby Knight, Little Women, Pride and Prejudice, The Magic Faraway Tree, Throne of Glass, The Fault in Our Stars, and The Mists of Avalon.
● Favorite Literary Characters – Gandalf, Belgarath (from The Belgariad), Scarlett O’Hara, Rhett Butler, Mr. Darcy, Aslan, Aragon, Arwen Evenstar, Hermione Granger, and Harry Potter.
● Things That Inspire You – Nature, art, authors, books, history, and mythology.
● Books You Are Dying to Read – Winter (The Lunar Chronicles Book 4), Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass Book 4), A Court of Thorns and Roses, and Truthwitch.
● Books That Made You Want To Become A Writer – Harry Potter, The Chronicles of Narnia, and The Lord of the Rings series.
● Pieces of Advice you have for aspiring writers. – Keep reading and write every day even if it’s just a paragraph you will never use.
● Places You Would Most Want to Travel To – Egypt
● Favorite Snacks – Nutella, caramel popcorn, crispy crème doughnuts, and chocolate chip cookies.
● Favorite Movies/TV Shows – Gone with the Wind, Game of Thrones, MasterChef Australia, Merlin, Once Upon a Time.
● Places you would consider paradise – Maldives, the French Riviera.
● Things that bring a smile to your face – my children.
● Places you’d like to take your laptop to and write. An old manor house in the English countryside.
● Books you’d like to rewrite the ending to – Gone with the Wind
● Favorite desserts – Tiramisu, profiteroles, ice cream sundae, and chocolate cake with cream.
● Your favorite cities? Favorite cities: London, Paris, New York.
● Words that describe yourself? Shy, introvert, calm, dreamer, bookish.
● Pieces of advice you would tell the “teen” you. – study what you love.
● Games you like to play – Scrabble, Monopoly, Bakery Story, Hay Day, and online poker.
● Movie you watch over and over again – Gone with the Wind, Harry Potter, Titanic, Superman, The Phantom of the Opera, and The Lord of the Rings (all three movies).
● Favorite series – Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, Percy Jackson, The Belgariad, Throne of Glass.
● Stand-alone books – Gone with the Wind, The Memoirs of Cleopatra, Pride and Prejudice.
About the Author:
For Farah Oomerbhoy, writing is a passion and reading her solace. She is a firm believer in the fantastic and magical, and often dreams of living in Narnia, Neverland, or the Enchanted Forest.
Farah lives with her husband and three children in their family home in Mumbai, India. She has a master’s degree in English literature from the University of Mumbai. Her first novel is The Last of the Firedrakes, Book 1 of the Avalonia Chronicles.
Connect with Farah:
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | Pinterest | Goodreads | Wattpad
About the Book:
The Last of the Firedrakes, book one of The Avalonia Chronicles.
A fantastic adventure story that will transport you to a dazzling world of myth and magic.
16-year-old Aurora Darlington is an orphan. Mistreated by her adopted family and bullied at school, she dreams of running away and being free. But when she is kidnapped and dragged through a portal into a magical world, suddenly her old life doesn’t seem so bad.
Avalonia is a dangerous land ruled by powerful mages and a cruel, selfish queen who will do anything to control all seven kingdoms—including killing anyone who stands in her way. Thrust headlong into this new, magical world, Aurora’s arrival sets plans in motion that threaten to destroy all she holds dear.
With the help of a young fae, a magical pegasus, and a handsome mage, Aurora journeys across Avalonia to learn the truth about her past and unleash the power within herself. Kingdoms collide as a complicated web of political intrigue and ancient magic lead Aurora to unravel a shocking secret that will change her life forever.
Amazon | B&N | Apple | Kobo | Smashwords | Itasca Books
Add on Goodreads
Award-Winning Finalist in the Best Cover Design: Fiction category of the 2015 USA Best Book Awards
Winner in the Collector’s Dream category of the Wattpad’s 2015 The Wattys Awards
“…the narrative components echo the classics; the Academy of Magic at Evolon could be Hogwarts, while the Shadow Guards are reminiscent of Tolkien’s Ring Wraiths or Rowling’s Dementors…a beautifully drawn fantasy world.” – Kirkus Reviews
“THE LAST OF THE FIREDRAKES is a magic-filled romp that carries you back to the fantasy stories of childhood…Lovers of classic fantasy will likewise gobble down Oomerbhoy’s scrumptious story.” – Dr Vic James, author of the SLAVEDAYS trilogy
“The world building is beautiful…..That really made the book more complex for me……it is the journey of discovery for Aurora and the reader that makes this an interesting story.” – Janelle Fila for Readers’ Favorite
“The Last of the Firedrakes has all the elements of popular fantasy – an orphaned princess, Magical powers, an alternate sphere with seven kingdoms, a young girl with a destiny to fulfil. They are all elements of the Narnia Chronicles, The Faraway tree, The Harry Potter series, Lord of the Rings and a bit of Enid Blyton fun.” – Mitali Parekh for Mid-Day newspaper