I’m having trouble with my current review.  I generally try to have something positive to say about the book but with this one I just can’t think of anything.  I’d decide not to post a review at all normally, that whole “if you can’t say anything nice” thing, but the author contacted me not too long ago asking about it.

My problem here is that I’m stuck between posting a totally negative review and just not posting one, which would be breaking me word to the author.  I would have to explain this to her as well should I choose not to post but would also be sending her a link to the review if I do.  I suppose what I’m asking here is what you guys’ opinion on the situation here is.

I’m probably going to wind up posting it one way or the other, but I’m not entirely comfortable doing so. What do you guys think?